After registration, an audition will be held for each student. The audition has two purposes:
- To help the teachers know your level of playing.
- To give you the experience of playing an audition.
There is a place for you at Band Camp whether you are a beginner or an advanced player. The teachers listening to you play are encouraging and want you to play your best. Like playing for Solo/Ensemble Contest, playing an audition gets easier every time you do it.
For your audition, please prepare the following:
- Concert Bb Major scale, memorized for all students.
- Concert Ab Major scale, memorized (if possible) for students with more than one year experience on their instrument.
- Chromatic scale, memorized but only the range of your instrument you are comfortable with. (This scale and fingering chart is often found on the inside cover of your lesson book.)
- Solo from Solo/Ensemble Contest and/or etude from lesson book. Bring a judge’s copy, too.
- Practice sight reading music you haven’t seen before.